Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rao Yi Out of Academician Race, Protests Openly

Rao Yi, professor of biology and the dean of College of Life Science at Peking University, lost out in the first round of the selection process for a new class of members of the Chinese Academy of Science.

The outcome was both shocking and expected. While an excellent research scientist in his own field, Rao Yi has also been very outspoken in his criticism of the current academic system in China.

In an unusual response, Professor Rao Yi wrote a post in his blog expressing gratitude to the scholars who nominated him but declared that he would never be a candidate for CAS again. The news and his protest is carried in at least some of the official newspapers in China.

14 comments:

MAAC said...

I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
Animation courses

Kitchens Cabinets said...

Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.

Low Rental GTA Hot Water Tank said...

The post is handsomely written. I have bookmarked you for keeping abreast with your new posts.

Sauna Toronto said...

It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.

Solar Energy Installations Mississauga said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

Kitchens Cabinets said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

Low Rental GTA Hot Water Tank said...

Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I have bookmarked you and will remain in line with your new posts. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!

Sauna Toronto said...

The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.

Solar Energy Installations Mississauga said...

Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.

Kids Party Durham said...

The post is handsomely written. I have bookmarked you for keeping abreast with your new posts.

Veterinarians in Brampton said...

It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.

massage toronto said...

A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors

Luxury Morocco Holidays said...

welcome to Morocco :
http://luxurymoroccoholidays.blogspot.com/
http://imperialcitiesmorocco.blogspot.com/
http://southernoasismorocco.blogspot.com/
http://www.topmoroccotours.com/

top morocco tours said...

nice blog